Thursday, September 17, 2009

restorative power

Early in college, my mom gave me a few of her old issues of Elle Decor. For the past 3 years, I've been grabbing the latest issues whenever I was near a bookstore. I've come to look forward to it. The particular issue that I can't seem to get out of my head is pictured below. The decor within Steven Gambrel's West Village townhouse is striking:







glossy walls are one of my new obsessions...look at the texture created by simply reflecting light and colors cast from other objects in the room

the color palette is carried out brilliantly with soothing cool colors gently transitioning from blues to greens. The warmth is brought in through the natural highlights in the wood as well as subtle tones within paintings. Trim, frames and doors are crisp white and black lacquer.

images and the full article may be found online here:

http://www.pointclickhome.com/building_remodeling/articles/restorative_power

No comments:

Post a Comment